11.27.2005

courtesy of Way...
i asked, "what are some kuL places in the city?" and this is his crazy response.
kudos to the sincere & thoughtful.

About the city:
I'm always going to say Chinatown. Stockton to Grant, Sacramento to Green. I practically grew up there, but no one knows me. The latest expansion took me to the south outskirt of North Beach. There are some great brunch places and also views, but the highlight is really the energy on the street. You know, the vibe of a marketplace. [...] on a good day, when you are in the mood to take things in, the scenery is so vintage its a time machine. but thats me. The hills can be killer if you're not into walking. There's this fusion restaurant I want to try around there that has an interesting drink menu. (There's also this other bar, somewhere that has a wildberry champagne kind of martini. also on the list)

Golden Gate park, leading to the Arbortoreum/Planthouse. The length of the park is nearly half the width of San Francisco and is the best place for a late summer walk with your dog, roller hockey, frisbee, and bike riding. There's even an equestrian arena. But really, I just travel through GGP to get to the Palace of Fine Arts and the Exploratorium. You probably know of it. The Greco-Roman style is crazy! I have this image of a Star Wars Parthenon in my head. It's like a kiddy geek playground but good for anybody curious enough about seeing previously unseen things in our world. the Optics! cripes. bring a camera and like 4 people. They have swans in the lake around the Palace, always the center of attention, and they are huge for birds damn!

~

makes u wanna go rite now huh? haha, i was jus there last nite and i realized even the city can get old if u go to the same places one time too many. especially if it's purely for alcohol and sex, and not the city <3<3. plus it was never the night life that drew me; it's the city's pretty places (the presidio, wharf, lombard, haight, the park) and creative atmosphere (music, art, food, culture, individuality). all together, it creates this urban closet-romantic city. tough and beautiful at the same time.

Way is doing a reading this wednesday; anyone interested in a city outing? call me :).

picture time! i'm a lazy mofo and don't take my camera out to stuff so most of the pix i post are from the more diligent. these were sent from korea; my newest niece, aileen gyuri kim.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

http://www.sfsustudentcenter.com/artgallery/

haha thanks for the quote. feels so cuervo especial..